January 23, 2019 at 7:09 pm #2610
Australian Postgraduate Research (APR) Intern supports industry-based training of PhD research students in all Australian universities, to increase employability, broaden business and university collaborations and to assist businesses in Australia to become more competitive by having a highly skilled workforce.
APR Intern (formerly known as AMSI Intern) is Australia’s only all sector, all discipline postgraduate internship program. Since our beginnings in 2009 as a small program aimed at giving Mathematics PhDs experience in industry, the intern program has undergone an extraordinary journey of growth and reinvention to emerge as a critical player in shaping PhD research and industry engagement.
Working at the nexus between industry and academia, APR Intern is a not-for-profit program open to all universities and industry sectors, including small-to-medium and large enterprises, not-for-profits and government agencies.
Benefits to Industry:
APR Intern has secured $28 million from the Federal Government to assist industry in accessing highly skilled PhD students to conduct 3-5 month internships on projects that provide tangible benefits for SMEs, large companies, not for profits and Fed, State and local Government. Organisations such as DSTG, Silentium Defence, REDARC, Wiring Solutions Plus and State and Local Governments have benefited from hosting PhD students. These benefits include:
- 50% Federal Government rebate for the cost of the internship (3, 4 and 5 month internship costs before the rebate are $20K, $23K or$26K respectively)
- Access to talented PhD students from a range of disciplines from all universities in SA and across the nation
- Rapid results in 3-5 months – quick outcomes through high impact projects
- APR Intern can complement your existing Graduate Program and recruitment strategy
- Offsetting the cost of the internship via the ATOs Research and Development Tax Incentive scheme
- Minimal Administration – No HR costs, all facilitation by APR Intern
- Choosing the best candidate
- Retaining all Intellectual Property – all project related IP remains with the organisation
- Simplified and straightforward access and engagement with universities
For more information regarding the program, please visit our website: http://www.aprintern.org.au or contact David Beecham Business Development, South Australia – Email: email@example.com Tel: 08 8121 5779 or Mobile: 0490 124 347
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.