Welcome to EIDA
Electronics Industry Development Adelaide Inc. (EIDA)
The Adelaide’s electronics industry has 11,000 staff employed in 300 mostly locally owned companies in an interconnected cluster structure. The industry designs and builds high technology, high value-added, intellectual property-based, products and systems for industrial, commercial, medical, research, defence and government applications nationally and globally.
However, the industry is not well known to its community or government. Products of the industry are sold directly to industrial, commercial and government customers and not seen in retail stores or the media and not well represented in government statistics; a common problem in all ‘Knowledge-Age’ industries.
EIDA is an industry managed not-for-profit association focused on the development of the Adelaide electronics industry and the promotion of the industry and its vital role in the transition of Adelaide’s regional economy from its past dependence on ‘Industrial-Age’ manufacturing to its logical future as an education, research and ‘Knowledge-Age’ industry centre – ‘Australia’s Knowledge-City’.
EIDA’s current Committee members are:
- Vikhyat Baxi – Robway Safety
- Henrietta Child – Agricultural Picking Technology (Public Officer)
- Dave Green – Novacom (Treasurer)
- Kevin Johnson – A & D Australasia
- Brenton Judge – Hendon Semiconductor
- Donald Kay – Don Alan (President)
- Paul van de Loo – Applidyne
- Andrew Skinner (Vice President)